Wednesday 30 July 2014

In All His Glory


NOTE: Not actual husband -->  


"Dad, can't you at least wear underwear to bed? I can't believe poor Mum has to sleep beside you while you're naked! If anyone ever tries to sleep naked next to me, they're OUT of the bed!"

This rather adamant protest came from our 13 year old Cavegirl one morning recently. She had run into her dad in the middle of the night when they were both stumbling half-asleep to the bathroom to answer the call of their bladders. He got there first and when he opened the door to come back out our poor girl, waiting in the hallway, saw more of her dad than she ever wanted to.

Yes, the Caveman usually sleeps naked and, unfortunately, doesn't often bother to throw anything on to make the trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night. He is quite comfortable being in the buff and could happily go about his everyday life that way. Sadly for him (but perhaps luckily for the rest of us), that's not really socially acceptable. I can only imagine what the neighbours would say if he started appearing outside the house with no clothes on.

I must point out here that he does make the effort to sleep in shorts (or at least keep them beside the bed) when we have guests, but he always figured that it didn't really matter when it's just us and the kids in the house. I guess he knows better now!

What I loved about my daughter's outburst was her horror that I am forced to sleep beside her dad when he's naked at night. Admittedly, I usually wear a nightie or pyjamas to bed myself, but it doesn't bother me that my husband is wearing nothing in the same bed. I think I would worry about the state of my marriage if his nudity was a problem for me.

What was even funnier was the Cavegirl's comment about kicking out anyone who ever sleeps naked beside HER ... hmm, that's definitely one to remind her of when she's older!



No comments:

Post a Comment